The Roman Catholic Community of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini is a family of Christian believers filled with faith and hope striving to bring God’s love to all people through Word and action.
La Comunidad Católica Romana de Santa Francisca X. Cabrinies una familia de creyentes Cristianos llenos de fe y esperanza luchando por llevar el amor de Dios a todos atravez
In November 1947, the Most Reverend Charles F. Buddy, Bishop of San Diego assigned Reverend John M. Tahany to begin a new parish in what was then known as the Yucaipa Valley. Within weeks of his arrival, Fr. Tahany gathered nine families for Mass at the American Legion Hall on California Street. A small residence on Beech Street served as the first rectory, and the first Christmas Mass was celebrated at the Yucaipa Women’s Club.
The youngest of thirteen children, Frances Cabrini was born on July 15, 1850 in a small village called Sant’Angelo Lodigiano near the city of Milan, Italy. She grew up enthralled by the stories of missionaries and made up her mind to join a religious order.